|The little story|
Chess programming is a very old hobby of mine.
As a kid, I tried to put one together on a 'MO6' (a french computer by Thomson) but ... it didn't work very well ;-))
Since that, I did it again on Atari, PC, and HP with Saturn Chess.
- Although the current GUI is working in text mode, a grayscale chessboard display is also almost ready.
- Saturn Chess includes a 1161 openings library (12978 moves), packed into 7809 bytes.
- The legal moves generator is computing approx. 3000 moves per second (when running alone).
- Improve the tree-browsing algorithm
- Improve the static evaluation routines
- Complete the GUI and all considered options
- Do a HP49 version